• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Shocks Thread

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
I was ready today to call up rusty and order a set of 5100 series bilstein shocks for my xj with 2" BB. I am sick of my autozone Gariels that ride like crap. I am not expecting my jeep to run like a cadi or mercedes but i would not like to brake my teeth on every rail road crossing or pothole. After talking to rusty he suggested that the bilsteins are not gonna improve my ride and that i should get his house hydro shocks for 30$ a piece. Now at the back of my head i know his house shocks are gabriels arent they ? I am a bit confused, and need some opinions.

The 5100s are gonna be 293$ shipped.

Pete

jeepsrock said:
I was ready today to call up rusty and order a set of 5100 series bilstein shocks for my xj with 2" BB. I am sick of my autozone Gariels that ride like crap. I am not expecting my jeep to run like a cadi or mercedes but i would not like to brake my teeth on every rail road crossing or pothole. After talking to rusty he suggested that the bilsteins are not gonna improve my ride and that i should get his house hydro shocks for 30$ a piece. Now at the back of my head i know his house shocks are gabriels arent they ? I am a bit confused, and need some opinions.

The 5100s are gonna be 293$ shipped.

Pete

I'm speechless... Ditch the good shocks for a set of cheapies? He's high.

Ok I am one of the guys that defends rusty's products, but I had his shocks and now I have the 5125's. Spend the money and get the better shocks.

Actually those 5125s you have are pretty much the 5100s i believe- how they ride ? The only reason i called rusty was because he had the best price.

Trust me i did my research unless someone can suggest another place to order from ?
jackit.com 301$
eshocks.com 299$
summitracing.com 325$
shox.com 299$
shockwharehouse.com 330$
Rustysoffroad 293$
ProAmAuto 310$
Ajusa.com 332$

Suggestions are places to buy from ?
pete

Back