• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got some stuff done.. (pics)

Hemenechi

NAXJA Forum User
ok i sandblasted and primed the side of my jeep for the herculiner but today is a little to windy to be doing that so by tomarrow ill have up some pics of the finnished project. then its back to the inside of the jeep :(

patched the hole.
100_2336.jpg

100_2337.jpg

ok heres some more of the sandblasting and the primer. looks so much better now.
100_2331.jpg

100_2333.jpg

100_2330.jpg

100_2332.jpg

so how do you guys think is coming out sofar?

Get POR15 and coat what you just worked on and the rest of the rockers, then herc. My rockers are pretty much rust free on a 96, but there were holes through the floors in every section. I guarantee you will find a hole above your muffler.

FWIW- I POR15ed my rockers, bottoms of my floor pans (after repairing), doors jams, then undercoated the jeep with UV protected brushable roofing tar (lowes- $8/gal), then anti-corrosive autobody undercoating, then I'm hercing the outside lower half and the interrior. I also got the factory heatshield for the muffler/cat. Excessive? Yeah, but hey, I hate rust.

I travel to NH all the time and would rather drive up there in the winter. NY uses 10x more salt than NH (more sand).

im allready herculining. i sprayed the metal that was showing with a rust preventer thing then i primed the area. the herculiner is coming out pretty well sofar. but it is 533 at night right now so who knows how its coming out its dark... post pics in the morning

Hemenechi said:
since im putting herculiner on the side of the jeep it will fill all the holes in because its verry thick.
But the water will get in behind it. Been there done that, and it's a bitch the second time with the herculiner on it.

Back