• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's not running a stabilizer?

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
I've had a custom steering on my rig for close to a year now. its the basic knuckle to knuckle heim end DOM tubing blah blah. it's been pretty good but I never got a stabilizer on it and was wondering if anyone else is running something similar. i just put a trac bar on this weekend and the steering geometry is near perfect but since i was drunk and it was 3 am when i finished so it's not dialed in yet. the axle still needs centered and the toe needs to be brought in a lot. now i've done the searches before and i know the general opinion is that stabilizers are band-aids for the steering, but who has actually abandoned them?

D-44, high steer, hydro assist.

The latter is the ultimate stabilizer, but even before the hydro, I had no use for a stabilizer and ran 3 years without one.

thats what i thought. how much do u think it would help as far as little stuff like driving like stability and bumps and what not. it's got a 4.5" kit, 15x10 gay polished rims w/ gay backspacing and cheap 32's. the wheel and tire package are on there because they were super cheap from a friend. i'm gonna sell them and put steelies and 33's on there once again. it is my daily driver but by daily i mean i'm at school and drive it a couple times a month.

Dont run one
d44
Ford knuckles
low steer

no issues all the way from CA to NE, no issues once i got to NE either...

No, stabilizer here. Waggy D44, drilled the knuckles out to fit 1 ton steering. Absoluly no issues. Inverted t setup.

Ok, i'm raw enough that I don't know a lot of the lingo yet, but for a 98XJ 3.5RE Superride on 31-10.5 yoko geolanders that spends most of its time on road at hiway speed and often doing it's part to make the owners of slammed hondas feel dumb would unhooking it be an issue?

I ask having seen a video somewhere of one being 2-wheeled for about a mile that got on 2 wheels with just a slight, quick, jog right snap left.

Thx

Back