• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats in an 84/85 Cherokee

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I was out driving today and came across an 84 or 85 Cherokee for sale. There was noone home to talk to but the window said $595.00. I know it has a 4cyl 4 speed. The question is what front and rear does it have and dont most 4 cyl come with 4.10 gears? The body is real good shape all there buit dont know if it runs or not. I'm thinking of this purly as a parts vehicle, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanx Digger

Some (perhaps even "many," but definitely not "most") 4-cylinders come with 4.10s, but in the early years that was only the 5-speeds. The 4-speeds most likely had 3.54s. I have an '88 2WD 4-cyl, 4-speed MJ with 3.54 gears.

digger4u said:
I was out driving today and came across an 84 or 85 Cherokee for sale. There was noone home to talk to but the window said $595.00. I know it has a 4cyl 4 speed. The question is what front and rear does it have and dont most 4 cyl come with 4.10 gears? The body is real good shape all there buit dont know if it runs or not. I'm thinking of this purly as a parts vehicle, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanx Digger

I have a 1984 (or at least that's I figured out from the VIN) Chief and it has Dana 30 at the front and 35 at the rear. I do not know what gears it has though.

Rgds

Back