• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with RE 4.5" please read:

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am needing a few measurements and was hoping I could get atleast a few people to help me out. I am needing the distance from eyelet to eyelet on the upper and lower control arms. I've had issues on past XJs with DW wit hpast XJs and just wanted to know what everyone had there adj. control arms set to.

Also hoping someone with this lift could measure from the flange of the SYE to the flange on the pinion and give me the distance, I am wanting to order my DS before I lift. Please let me know what SYE you have also.

Any help would be great!

I will measure it when my wife gets home from work tonight... but i don't have adjustables... mine are from before they started sending adj ones... but i will give you the measurement anyway.

muduck18 said:
I will measure it when my wife gets home from work tonight... but i don't have adjustables... mine are from before they started sending adj ones... but i will give you the measurement anyway.

Thanks, I am gonna just go with adj. uppers anyways.

With 4.5" of lift, your lowers should be at 1.36', or 16 and 3/8".

Your uppers should be adjusted to where the pinion is pointed at the t-case output.

For your SYE measurement, search for a post by me, reagarding that exact question. From the value in the post, you can use some math and triangles to figure out your DS length.

Feel free to PM with any questions on that.

Fergie

For what its worth, I know that my (new) rear driveshaft is 34" (flange-to-flange) for an 87' 4.0 w/Peugeot tranny, NP231 + AA HD SYE kit, and a D44 (custom rotated). That being said, I know that the DS I TRIED to put in came from what was believed to be the same setup, but was too long. If I were you, I would just wait till you have your SYE installed to order the driveshaft... but that's just me (throw it into 4wd and power it with the front shaft for the time being).

Thanks,

Well while searching I noticed alot of threads about drop brackets, do you guys with the 4.5" feel you need them? I may just go with the 5.5" XD if so.

TheNerd said:
For what its worth, I know that my (new) rear driveshaft is 34" (flange-to-flange) for an 87' 4.0 w/Peugeot tranny, NP231 + AA HD SYE kit, and a D44 (custom rotated). That being said, I know that the DS I TRIED to put in came from what was believed to be the same setup, but was too long. If I were you, I would just wait till you have your SYE installed to order the driveshaft... but that's just me (throw it into 4wd and power it with the front shaft for the time being).

I've done thw 4wd thing while waiting on my old 2000 XJ, but now I drive 80 miles a day on the interstate and don't feel likedoing that again. I may use my front shaft on the rear.

BTW, my XJ is a 99 4.0L/Aw4/np231 AA HD SYE.

come on folks anyone with the RE 4.5" on a 97+ with an AA HD SYE please give me a measurment for your ds.

when i did mine.. Dirk at www.dpgoffroad.com knew the measurments.. i gave him the current length of the stock shaft and i guess he knew how much to add... and my shaft runs in the middle of its slip

Did you not read what I said? Your information is already here, you just need to search for it.

Just to help you out though. From the rearward face of the back half of the t-case, to the output yoke center, it is 7 1/4". No, using your own tape measure, and some subtraction, and the Pythagorean Theorem, you can figure out how long the DS needs to be.

Fergie

Go with the 5.5" XD from the start....or rethink totally and go with someone's longarm setup.

I went with the RE 4.5" and eventually shelled out the extra $$ for the DB and braces. They're awesome for the ride, axle movement forward, and articulation help, but they do decrease ground clearance. I've paid about the same amount now as the 5.5" kit and I don't have the added benefit of the HD TB and TB Bracket or the 1" of lift.

Thanks guys got the Jeep delivered and its an np242, errrr so never mind.

I think I'll go 3.5" and cut and run 285s.

Back