• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks!

MOOSE16285

NAXJA Forum User
Alright... Its been about a couple weeks for me... Still nothing! Man... Ignition electricals are still killing me! I found a bad relay, D1027... Need money to get a new one... But what I am here is to ask, rear shocks... Is there any performance disadvantage/advantage to flipping it... Would anything be hurt? would it malfunction? I saw it in a picture and looked kinda cool. I'd wanna try but am curious to know if it would not do me good. If it performs at par or better than it is now I'll do it, if you tell me why it would be stupid and not work as good I wont... So let me know yall! Thanx -MOOSE

MOOSE16285 said:
Alright... Its been about a couple weeks for me... Still nothing! Man... Ignition electricals are still killing me! I found a bad relay, D1027... Need money to get a new one... But what I am here is to ask, rear shocks... Is there any performance disadvantage/advantage to flipping it... Would anything be hurt? would it malfunction? I saw it in a picture and looked kinda cool. I'd wanna try but am curious to know if it would not do me good. If it performs at par or better than it is now I'll do it, if you tell me why it would be stupid and not work as good I wont... So let me know yall! Thanx -MOOSE
That would depend on the shocks and what you are trying to do.
In the old days we would flip shocks to get the front of the car to stay up longer and put the weight on the rear for better traction off the line.
It’s likely now days what you seen is just shocks that were made to be installed with the rod down.
I can’t think of any reason to flip a shock for off road use.

I got some pro comp es3000s on the jeep... I just thought it would look cool... Have you any prior knowledge of shocks that were designed to have the rods down? Like I said, I thought it looked cool. I'll flip em and see if it sags any and if the payload changes... I wont leave em long like that anyway, I'll take pics and post em later today... Can you think of any disadvantige or performance degrade it would cause? Saggin, payload reduction, less performance response, etc... -MOOSE

feianr.jpg

feib0j.jpg

flipped and seem to work fine, i jumped on the bumper n worked fine... Any comments? Disagreements? Open to discussion about this...

Back