• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went through some water

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a nice 5.5" lift 33" tires put on my jeep. Last night I accidently went through about two feet of water at 30mph. Huge splash.

Anyway afterwards I noticed the door buzzer was going off..?? I opened and closed the door and that fixed it. A few minutes later it started buzzing again, only in a lower than normal tone. Fixed again by opening the door. This continued throughout the rest of the night.

I was looking around the fuse panel and didnt see any signs of water entry. If the buzzer was shorting out from the water, where would it most likely be coming from?

I also noticed the suspension shop removed my splash guard. Would that have made a difference in a situation like this?

Edit: guess I should have been clearer. When I opened the door, the buzzer began buzzing normally, as it should have, and stopped when I closed the door, just like it should. But then a few minutes later it started a soft buzzing noise.

Does this mean that water absolutely did get into the cabin though?

Last edited:
the splash gaurd may not have fit with your lift. from what I've read, the splash gaurd is mainly there to protect the alternator and to collect water during rain to aid rust formation :lecture:

I didn't know there was a buzzer for the door. mine just beeps if the key is in and the door is open. the only buzzer I have is when I leave the headlights on. If the problem is temporarily fixed by opening and closing the door, I would start there. check the door switch - did the water get in there?-

let everything dry out completely and see if the problem persists.

others will have to chime in as to what to look for under the hood.

HTH

-B

i have a simular problem but its not the door buzzer actually buzzing, its the speaker that buzz's, the reason being for mine is that the stupid window rod inside the door grounds out the speaker, and it makes a lite buzzing sound, dont know if u just put ina new soundsystem or what but it could possible that its the same, also depens on where the sound comes from .... i dont know in your case.. mine stops if i open then close the door or if i open the window so check that out.

first thing i do when ever i buy a new vehicle is open the door and find out where the buzzer is located and pull it out, espeacialy xjs, ive done it to 3 so far becuase i hate those things. if theres nothing else wrong, id just pull it.

90Pioneer said:
I just got a nice 5.5" lift 33" tires put on my jeep. Last night I accidently went through about two feet of water at 30mph. Huge splash.

Anyway afterwards I noticed the door buzzer was going off..?? I opened and closed the door and that fixed it. A few minutes later it started buzzing again, only in a lower than normal tone. Fixed again by opening the door. This continued throughout the rest of the night.

I was looking around the fuse panel and didnt see any signs of water entry. If the buzzer was shorting out from the water, where would it most likely be coming from?

I also noticed the suspension shop removed my splash guard. Would that have made a difference in a situation like this?

Edit: guess I should have been clearer. When I opened the door, the buzzer began buzzing normally, as it should have, and stopped when I closed the door, just like it should. But then a few minutes later it started a soft buzzing noise.

Does this mean that water absolutely did get into the cabin though?
di-electric grease the door jam switch... (take it out and smear the stuff all over the contacts... it sounds like water is shorting out the two contacts on the switch. happened to me before i took out the buzzer...
(all greese is di-electric but you should get the contact stuff because its better at keeping water off for some unknown reason.)

Hmm interesting about the speaker.

I did notice yesterday my drivers side power window was rolling down slower than normal, especially slowed when the window was almost down.

Perhaps I'll pull off the door panel tonight and have a looksee.

Back