• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just finished my lift....almost

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
I just finished installing a RE 4.5 today. I have a few questions.

First, I had a Heck of a time putting the sway bar disconnects back together. I was as if the sway bar had bent, one side was taller than the other. I thought these were something that was easily taken on and off at the trailhead. It will not be an easy task with out tools.

Second, The self-tapping bolts (screws) that came with the bump stops did not tighten up very well. I did not want to put a gorilla grip on them for fear of stripping them.

Third, The center bolt that came with the Add-A-Leaf, was not tight after I put on the U-bolts and tightened them down. The center pin rotates even though I tightened them to 20 ft/lbs (I think that was the speck.) Will this be ok, or should I take the U-bolts off and re-torque the pin?

Thank you; any help will be appreciated.
Sean

My SB disco's on my RE 5.5 were a little tight but a long screwdriver of small pry bar is definately needed to remove/re-attach and make sure your on as level a spot as possible.

One of the self tapping bolts for the bump stops in my kit was about 1/2" too short. I used it to tap the hole and then just used a regular bolt. I just snugged them up, not too tight. It's not a critical item so you can always go back and check them or maybe add a lock washer.

RE Quick discos are what it sounds like quick discos but painful reconnects....
When I put mine on, I endedup doing couple things: adding a washer (or was it two) to one side and grinding the other side so that I would be lined up better..... and still I have to have someone jump up and down on the front bumper as I reconnect..

Back