• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toys for Tots 2005

Kejtar said:
Yeah..... that's the one. I was thinking that it would be nice if the chapter showed up in force :D
So on that note, who's up for going?

...and here is where my experience comes into play. I'll most likely be there but will miss the parade over from the block because it takes too damned long. I'll just meet you all at the lakes. ;)

West Coast 4WD Club hosts the one in OC. Starts at the Block and informally "parades" thru Orange to the Santa Ana River Lakes.

http://www.westcoast4x4.com/

You going? I'm good friends with several WC members and will probably be there again this year.

gcurtis said:
...and here is where my experience comes into play. I'll most likely be there but will miss the parade over from the block because it takes too damned long. I'll just meet you all at the lakes. ;)
OK... so how do you do it? Don't you have to register in the am? or do they have another registration later? How long does the parade take?

Kejtar said:
OK... so how do you do it? Don't you have to register in the am? or do they have another registration later? How long does the parade take?

The parade, last year, took about an hour and a half or longer. We literally got out of line, got breakfast and got back in line a few miles later. The kids we brought had fun with decorating the jeeps but needed potty breaks on the way to the lake.

Head over to the Block in the AM and register, give your toy and then I head home and have a cup of coffee and read the paper. After a little while I head down the hill, across the river and head left a mile or three and I'm there.

If you wanted to jump into the parade a few miles in, they head up Chapman to Tustin and go left. Up Tustin to La Palma and go right.

Kejtar said:
you buy raffle tickets
I always got mine at the Block, but I would expect they'll still sell you tickets at the lake.

Hey guys,I used to do this with SCOUTSWEST,it is a fun time.I would love to go with a socal NAXJA group.If you all decide to do it I'm in.

Oh yeah, a word to the wise: bring an ez up just in case.

Last year it rained and we were able to save the day (kids in tow) and put up the EZ up instead of getting soaked. What do they say about preparing for the worst?

Yeah last year was colder (and wetter) than a well diggers ass.

Although I didn't win anything in the raffle. I got hooked up with a set of 33" BFG MTs for $300.

Back