• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

el dorado disc convo d44

dfreeman616

NAXJA Forum User
did a looong search on options for converting the factory d44 to discs, read up on ZJ and CV conversions, and all the TSM etc ones (i'm not putting out that kind of money), and know about various links on those kinds. however, i also foudn a couple comments on el dorado parts being used. anyone have any info on this? just want to check out all my options before buying the parts. thanks for any help.

Just finished my crown vic disc swap today...everything went great, they workk good so far, still a little spongy, but I have done nothing with the prop. valve...

Why don't you order some weld on disc brake brackets from just about anywhere, like Ten. Off Road etc. Get some Chevy calipers from the junk yard. Some brake pads and I think that's it. I'm going to do this swap soon. I'll let you know if you need anything else. A friend of mine did the swap for $50.

The soft brake pedal for me, was caused by the larger D-44 brakes that I put on the MJ out of a GWAG. I bought a '92 Ford E-350 (Van) Master Cylinder from a junk yard. I know that a '90 will work as well. The MC will bolt in, and it has a slightly larger bore and stroke than the stock Jeep MC. The only thing you'll need to adapt is the rear brake line. You can find the adapter at an auto store. When you get the MC of of the Ford, cut the rear brake line and keep the rear screw in part of the brake line. While your at the yard, go cut the screw in part of the master cylinder brake line from a Cherokee. Use these to figure out the adapter you'll need from the auto store. Then go bolt the master cylinder in. On mine I had to adjust the MC push rod a small amount. The MJ has a good firm pedal now, and will almost lock up the 38's. I just need to add some rear discs.

Back