• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa Canyon Nov 13

over2land said:
There's a bunch of us going from the Jeepaholics board out to Azusa on Nov 13. We are planning on meeting around noon, and hanging out till whenever. There are a few XJ guys that are saying they are going, and I figured I'd mention it here too.

Here's the link to my JA post:
http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43501

Hey Over2Land, I am down, by the way, I just noticed your truck is the one JP is building up, I love that look....that is the lift I am looking to go with, and with the exact same wheel and tires setup too.........Will you be taking the MJ next week?
tony

tcm glx said:
Hey Over2Land, I am down, by the way, I just noticed your truck is the one JP is building up, I love that look....that is the lift I am looking to go with, and with the exact same wheel and tires setup too.........Will you be taking the MJ next week?
tony

Thanks man, glad ya like it.

I prolly won't be taking it, as its still 2WD. But I'm kinda hoping to make it to the roundtable pizza on monday with it. We'll see how that goes... seems like every time I try to make it somewhere with the MJ, something goes haywire.

over2land said:
.....seems like every time I try to make it somewhere with the MJ, something goes haywire.

:shhh: They have exceptional hearing.

saki669 said:
Azusa = disneyland of SoCal wheeling.

About right! :laugh3:

tcm glx said:
So where, and what time are you all meeting?

It's usually a bigger party in the early afternoon. The crazies that hit the mud puddles are too hung over from friday night to get up early.....

I'll be there around noon or so. :sunshine:

So how about we meet at the Jack in the Box...maybe around noon???

Apparently the 13th is SUNDAY not saturday :wierd: :wierd:

I ended up in the canyon today, it was pretty fun. It's all about the mud up there right now. Not really any sand berms to play on since the rains came down earlier in the year.
I've never been able to drive so far down the canyon, we were almost at the dam!

You'll have a good time tomorrow. Bring a shovel.

I will Prolly be in the Cyn around 1:00... I'll be bringing my boys to play in the mud so I wont be driving around... But you can stop by and say Hey...

I went today also... I was nice meeting you saki... I dig your cage... Maybe I'll roll mine so I can get one ...LOL Thanks for the pulls today.

Here are the pics from today....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=hrp3w2v.t37mmwr&x=0&y=86mbnt

over2land said:
There's a bunch of us going from the Jeepaholics board out to Azusa on Nov 13. We are planning on meeting around noon, and hanging out till whenever. There are a few XJ guys that are saying they are going, and I figured I'd mention it here too.

Here's the link to my JA post:
http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43501

Getting ready to leavem see you all at 1130 at JIB....

Tony

I went today... sat and watched the kids play in the mud... no XJs came up to say Hey...

I was a cross the way where the trucks were under water...

ken

On November 7 the Angeles NF sent out a release regarding the proposed construction of an OHV Obstacle Course in the San Gabriel Canyon OHV area (file code 1950/2355).

The course will be laid out over about 2 acres, with six types of obstacles, a winch point, and bleachers for spectators.

This is something ACORA has been working on for years. The comment period is until Dcember 12, and favorable comments will help make this a reality. Comments can be e-mailed to Jerry Sirski, [email protected].

Did anyone out in Azusa Canyon mention this effort (or comment period)?

If someone has web space to host the info, I have an Acrobat file of the full release with maps and GPS points.

Ed A. Stevens said:
On November 7 the Angeles NF sent out a release regarding the proposed construction of an OHV Obstacle Course in the San Gabriel Canyon OHV area (file code 1950/2355).

The course will be laid out over about 2 acres, with six types of obstacles, a winch point, and bleachers for spectators.

This is something ACORA has been working on for years. The comment period is until Dcember 12, and favorable comments will help make this a reality. Comments can be e-mailed to Jerry Sirski, [email protected].

Did anyone out in Azusa Canyon mention this effort (or comment period)?

If someone has web space to host the info, I have an Acrobat file of the full release with maps and GPS points.
This is great! Just this weekend I was thinking how fun it would be to have some kind of permanent course set up in the canyon. Every time you go the terrain changes due to the river. The only thing that remained the same this time was the old rock pile:
31521899707_0_BG.jpg

None of the rangers mentioned anything about the proposed course.

Back