• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help asap

89jeepxjw

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 xj pioneer and having a problem. I parked it for abotu 5 min went to go leave and turn key and nothing all i get is fuel pump priming when it should be cranking. Battery is brand new. I have no clue where to begin but its my daily driver and its sitting on the side of a friends house and need to get it running asap so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

89jeepxjw said:
I have a 89 xj pioneer and having a problem. I parked it for abotu 5 min went to go leave and turn key and nothing all i get is fuel pump priming when it should be cranking. Battery is brand new. I have no clue where to begin but its my daily driver and its sitting on the side of a friends house and need to get it running asap so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Auto or Manual?

Starter relay?
Mine went bad and "nothing" happened when I turned the key besides the fuel pump and some clicking under the hood.
Jump the battery to the starter solenoid to get it started, diagnose from home.

its an auto and tried to start it in nuetral and park. How do i jump it off the battery, Liek use a screwdriver to make a connection between the + and - posts of the starter?

Back