• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31 x 12.5 ???

ferday

NAXJA Forum User
sorry to ask another tire question, but does anyone run 31 x 12.5 tires, and if so what lift is required? i run 31x10.5 on a 4" RE, will i need to trim much with the wider tires? is there a benefit of any kind running the wider tires at the same height?

thanks!

More flotation. meaning that you decrease your pounds per square inch(to the ground, not speaking about tire-air pressure) substantially.
A wider tire will dispurse your weight over a larger area, causing you to NOT sink into the mud as easily. However A taller, thinner tire will more easily sink to the bottom and seek hard ground. Wider tires in the mud require more wheel speed to accomplish their task, because being on top of the mud is a slippery place to be. As far as dry ground is concerned, the more rubber touching the ground the better.
I hope this helps.

Trimming depends on one thing, backspacing. If you plan on running 31x12.5's on stock rims its not gonna happen. If you have aftermarket rims with the right backspacing then you wont have to trim to much, I run 33x12.5's on aftermarket rims, theres no way in hell I would have fit them on stock rims.

Back