• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part number request

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know the mopar part number of the assembly under the coolant bottle on a 90 XJ 4.0. Its got 3 hoses one that goes up to the coolant bottle, one that goes to the water pump, and one that goes to the top pipe of the heater core. Thanks to anyone who can help me. A price would also be swell to know.

Last edited:
You mean the turtle, it's a pressurized tank actually and is not an overflow bottle, that bottle holds pressure and the cap is a pressure cap. www.quadratec.com sells them as units. If you mean the mixing valve, thats available in most parts stores except the new ones are metal, not plastic.

Sorry I guess I need to clarify. I'm talking about metal "T" piece that has three hoses coming off of it. One that goes up into the coolant tank, one to the heater core, and one to the water pump. Its a hose assembly.

Collin, I replaced all of my hoses months ago. I used some universal heater hose from NAPA. I think it cost me somewhere around $9 to replace all the hoses.

I reused the "t's". It's a pain in the ass getting the factory clamps off, but it is do-able. I got a small saw and cut the clamp off, then cut my universal hose to the appropriate length and used regular circle clamps. It's holding fine months later.

You'll save a ton of cash doing it this way. If I remember correctly the dealer here wanted about $89 for each assembly and there's 2 of them.

Here are some pictures of my hoses.

04cf4770.jpg

04ef4770.jpg

NAPA is definitley the way to go for the coolant hose. Just get several feet of the 5/8" heater hose and cut to size using your own metal tee and clamps. Much cheaper than going oem.

I did that method, I just hacked off the oem connectors and reused hose but I really fear that it's gonna either break loose on me sometime. If anyone has the part number for just that assembly under the coolant tank I still need it.

Mines not here to check but the part that is just a metal tube that the hoses connect to is a "Tee" oem #52003248. If its the part that has a valve on it too then it is then its the "Heater Valve" oem#52003226. Dealer for the Valve is $46.68 and the Tee is $26.20. Look around, you can prob. get it cheaper.

Thanks Dizzymac, yeah it was the Tee that I am looking for, I got the heater valve aftermarket. Anyway do you know if it comes with the new hoses on it? The "tee" that is.

Back