• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf swap using different OEM leafs?

Hickey

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone found much luck using a different rear spring application swapped in place of XJ leafs? I am wanting a leaf with less offset, more spring rate, slight lift (3") and close to the same overall length.

Are you looking for a bolt in? Most will require modification to the hangers of some kind. Why do you want those? Have you tried the s10 lift?

Starboard M said:
Are you looking for a bolt in? Most will require modification to the hangers of some kind. Why do you want those? Have you tried the s10 lift?
I have the needed fab skillz. What are the specs on the S10 springs? How much longer are they? I want less pin offset than the srock XJ leafs. Waggy leafs are too short overall.

Last edited:
from what i've heard, NAPA has some heavy duty leaf packs that are around $40. i belive they give you 2" of lift... that with a 1.5" greasable shackle should give you good flex and the ride height you're lookin for. just my .02

jeepinxj05 said:
from what i've heard, NAPA has some heavy duty leaf packs that are around $40. i belive they give you 2" of lift... that with a 1.5" greasable shackle should give you good flex and the ride height you're lookin for. just my .02
With the center pin where?

Well, after pouring over the Rancho spreadsheets, the Waggy leafs are gonna be the closest application for moving the center pin back. Problem is, the Waggy leafs are about 4" shorter in overall length. I guess I will have to relocate my shackle hangers forward if possible.

dodge pickup rears are pretty close. 52" long and less pin offset. should move the axle back a bit

Fullsize blazer rear springs are also 52" but with centered pin. Will move the rearend back alot.

Back