• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do next...

Hey Im new to this and its awesome....I Have a 1996 XJ and so far ive put a rusty's 6.5 lift, 33 inch goodyear mt/r's custom bumpers and rock sliders, warn winch, next week im putting my dana 44 i just got with 4:88's and im installing the detroit in it this week... i have tru trac for the front..just wondering what people recommend next to do to my car .... i am still only in high school and dont have an unlimited amount of money to throw into it so just small mods for now... i can custom fab alot of stuff in my auto... my next big thing to do is long arm conversion..any advice would be great...thanks

What to do next? wheel it (provided you got towpoints and rock rails and all that good stuff) and see what works, and what doesn't work.

Get used to what you have. It sounds like a very capable rig. Enjoy it for a while, Work the bugs out and as you drive/wheel it your next mod will come to you. :wave1:

Quit calling it a car?!... Then wheel it!! :)

Fire extinguisher,first aid kit,OBA,tools,spare parts,etc.

**I Have a 1996 XJ and so far ive put a rusty's 6.5 lift, 33 inch goodyear mt/r's custom bumpers and rock sliders, warn winch, next week im putting my dana 44 i just got with 4:88's and im installing the detroit in it this week... i have tru trac for the front**

**i already have the cb radio the rock rails the sye the fender cuts and exhaust**

To be in High School and have all of this?? Sounds like a rather "unlimited" budget to me.....

Just wheel it enough and the answer will reveal itself in due time.

That may sound like a corny cryptic response, but I beleive this method will provide you with a more accurate answer than anyone here can provide you.

-jm

since you can weld the things you can do are endless.

here's some ideas though:

-make skid plates
-make frame strengtheners
-cut and fold fenders if you haven't already
-relocate your air intake so its higher up
-as you said already, make your own long arms
-exocage?
-truss your axles
-relocate shocks

Back