• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

routing lighting harness

I'm looking at making mine to go over the radiator/condenser, retained by the crossmember. As long as you keep it clear of moving parts and sharp edges, you should be just ducky.

I do like to add a covering in areas where it might chafe or scrape - think about that while you're laying it in place. What do the instructions say? Did you get any cartoons with it?

5-90

no cartoons... just install instructions or how to connect it & where... no routing though... it seems fairly straight forward but thought i'd ask so i might avoid any headaches or the such... oh and it does have a sheath for chaffing...

side note: 5-90 i was looking at your battery cables... got'em for an '01? saw that the list only goes up to '98

Just because I don't list it don't mean I can't make it! I've got confirmed measurements listed for convenience, but if I don't have it listed, I just need your measurements. I think I put instructions for how and what I need on the site - if I haven't, let me know. Essentially, I need to know how long the cable is to be, what size ring it needs on each end (1/4", 3/8", or 1/2" - they don't need to match) and whether it's a supply (red) or earth (black) cable.

If you have any more questions, it's easiest to get hold of me backchannel - either PM me or use the email link on the site (I've tried to avoid posting that addy "in the clear" to foil SPAMbots. Seems to have worked so far...)

5-90

I just finished installing JohnJohn's harness yesterday (won it at COFest). I routed mine right in front of the radiator, just as the OEM harness does. Took off the front grill and each end of the harness is right in the area of the OEM plugs.

so you won the only thing i was hoping for a COfest, LOL... not knocking frame stiffeners i won though ;)

sounds easy enuff, just pop off the grill... i was also looking at routing above that as 5-90 mentioned by removing the cross member that connects between the radiator and the fron clip... but going low may be a bit less work...

thanks

I put mine down low in front of the rad. JIM.

Back