• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changed motor mounts -- need part numbers for oil filter o-rings

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
I changed my motor mounts the other day on my 88 and had to remove the oil filter mount thingy. It is now leaking, and I remember reading on here that it is a good idea to replace the o-rings for the filter mount, and there was part numbers listed, but alas, a search has revealed nothing...

From my maintenance records I have the 3 PNs and the price I paid, hope it helps.

33002970 $1.85
33002971 $1.85
33002972 $2.50

I got them at my local dealer 3 years ago, the price may of gone up.

Be careful of the Mopar stuff. They have a kit of the three rings. Only one of the damn things actually fit my XJ. If you have the thing off the motor make sure to take it with you. I ended up at the local parts house digging through the O-ring selection to get the right ones.

Bones
NAXJA #6

Bones,

I think the later 4.0 with the horizontal filter use the O-ring kit. For the vertical filter the O-rings come from open stock. Sounds like you had a parts guy assume the kit fit all 4.0 engines when it actually fits only 4.0 engines with the horizontal filter. I may be wrong but think the filter mount changed when the HO 4.0 came out.

I know those part numbers are good, I purchased them and installed them on my 88 XJ with the 4.0. I did not look them up off some internet site.

Martin

Does anyone have these part numbers for the old, 4-banger, 2.5 lt engine (carburated, 1984 if that matters).

Tnx

Ditto what Bones said. I went through the exact same experience and ended up taking my old O rings into a NAPA shop where the guy matched them from his open stock. He must have felt sorry for me because he didn't charge me for them. So far, the seals work fine and it saved me a 25 mile second trip to the bungling dealership. My 4.0 has the vertical mount.

Erik
88 Comanche

Back