• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering box beef up

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
are there any steering box beef up kits or any tips on how to beef it up so it doesnt rip off when im wheelin? Also does anyone think an sye and cvf drivshaft is neccisary for a 4.5" rough country with 1.5" teraflex spacers and shackles? Kit comes with 1" t-case lowering spacers.

Holy crap...

When you post there's a button next to the title bar that says, 'Has this already been asked?' or something like that. Click that before posting your question and you'll save yourself the humiliation.

Dude, seriously...this has been beaten to DEATH. Up top of the page toward the right, below the ads, there is a link to 'search'. Click that, type in your keywords, and hit enter. Your answer will be there.

would i even need to have the t case drop kit if i got a new cv and a sye or should i just keep it the same and get rock sliders and steering box brace. because the drivline i have now has not given me any problems but i dont know if it will if i get 1.5" spacers and shackles on top of my 4.5"

Shomsky462 said:
would i even need to have the t case drop kit if i got a new cv and a sye or should i just keep it the same and get rock sliders and steering box brace. because the drivline i have now has not given me any problems but i dont know if it will if i get 1.5" spacers and shackles on top of my 4.5"

If you have a SYE and CV shaft and you pinion angle on your axle is 'ok' you will not need to drop the TC

BTW: Welcome to the group

cracker said:
Nope! Only do that AFTER you install the JKS or the C-ROK braces. Those have been known to cause more cracks (I confirmed that too!)

http://www.c-rok.com/
http://www.jksmfg.com/

After hitting the search button with SYE = 500 results
After hitting the search button with STEERING BRACE = 325 results

does it really cause cracks. I have had one from rusty just like it for bout 4 years and im fine but now im running 36's, not 35's. u think it will cause potential crakcs since i dont have the crok or jks braces?

xjrugger said:
does it really cause cracks. I have had one from rusty just like it for bout 4 years and im fine but now im running 36's, not 35's. u think it will cause potential crakcs since i dont have the crok or jks braces?

The unibody tries to flex and the brace (AND bumper) tries to stop it from happening. My framerail spotwelds all broke and were coming appart and causing about 10+ cracks. The rail was unfolding as well. The noise was real bad.

You are in New York where there is more mud and roots with minor rocks.. The rock out here in the west can flex the vehicles real bad causing the problems pretty fast. The region makes a large difference. I got my XJ a year ago (when it was stock) and within 9 months it was all cracking and pulling through(I run 35s now but I had 33s on it 8 of those 9 months and I am locked).

Back