• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap 3" lift?

tinyNHxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm under the impression that Dakota springs on the rear will give 3", but what do you do for the front?

Also, If I'm forced to replace my TC, and I have a passenger side output, what front axles should I be looking for? What are the same width as the stock XJ axles?

Cheap 3" for the front? Buy 3" springs or put on a 3" spacer (or a combination of spacers equaling 3"). Somebody here on the forum probably has a set of 3" springs they'd sell you.

Hit a junkyard for a pair of ZJ (Grand Cherokee) V-8 coils. That should give you about 2". Then call Dirk at DPG off-road and buy a pair of 3/4" coil spacers for $20 or $25 and you're done.

You should be able to do that for less $$$ than buying 1-3/4" plus 3/4" spacers.

how do you have a pass side output on the front?

What tcase?

I can hook you up with 3/4" spacers.

JC Whitney has the rough counry lift for $109 plus shipping(About $130 total). this is a good place to start if you feel like making and finishing the rest as you go. No matter what you will need new shocks, brake lines(I forgot but was reminded on this forum) and a new track bar(or relocation bracket) just to begin with on a 3". I have this kit and I think its good only if you like to fabricate stuff or plan to expand later. If not, Wait and buy a "Complete" kit like the procomp. Oh yeah, I still havent moved my track bar and it looks silly and drives funny...................

Back