• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another DW thread **sigh**

C-MuRdaA

NAXJA Forum User
I started to get this wobble after installing my 3.5" lift. The first time it scared the sh!t out of me and I had to slow down.. blah blah blah. I have gotten so used to it that i just wobble down the road now. I have gotten an aligment, I have rotated the tires and I have gone through all of the following:

front tires out of balance -- (balanced still had wobble, have rotated tires as well)
front alignment out of spec -- (aligned)
loose track bar -- (Brand new JKS adj. trackbar in and tight)
worn track bar bushings -- ( ^^)
worn track bar end -- ( ^^)
need adjustable track bar -- ( ^^ )
bad bushings/joints in control arms -- ( new RE lowers and Uppers are fine)
worn/damaged steering stabilizer -- (replaced stock one with Rustys last week)
worn/damaged shocks -- (thought ths could have been the problem since I had the shocks for my 3" lift on when I had the BB on and I bottomed out, but they look and feel fine and the wheels are wobbling side to side )
worn/damaged tie rod end -- ( checked and fine)
bad U Joint -- ( replaced drivers side one last month)
bad ball joint -- ( replaced drivers and pass side last month)
loose frame mount -- ( checked and fine)
steering box looseness -- ( checked and tightened one turn, steering feels tighter but wobble owns)
need drop pitman arm -- ( according to posts I have read, the drag link needs to be parrallel to the trackbar and mine is really close. Not only that but my draglink is a few degrees lowers then the trackbar after the lift and a DPA will only put it lower **I think**)
driveshaft(s) not balanced -- ( never had driveshaft issues and I installed a RE rear DS and SYE with the lift)
bad front hub assembly -- ( checked and fine)
wrong size wheel studs in hub -- ( stock ones, have been good since day one )
bent rim-- ( could be this but I watched the guy align my wheels and they looked fine)

I need some more help. The only thing that doesn't look right to me has to do with the geometry of the draglink and trackbar. I searched here and JU and read that they should be parallel, and since after installing a lift the drag link would be at a steeper angle than the trackbar, installing a DPA would fix this. BUT on my Jeep the drag link is a few degrees lower than the trackbar, if this is my problem how do I fix it? I have a JKS trackbar and whatever else my sig says.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm having the same problem as him. An unsolvable wobble.

between 50-55 there is a very strong wobble on any road surface, made worse over bumps. At speeds higher than 55 there is a distinct, but not strong wobble ove bumps. It never actually got to deatwobble yet, but it feels like the beginnings of death wobble.

We have been comparing notes and haven't been able to determine anything. I have 3.25" lift in front (spacers + ZJ V8 springs) JKS adjustable trac bar, JKS BPEs, JKS discos, DT3000 shocks, Yokohama Geolandar AT+ IIs, OME HD SS. I had it alingned perfectly this past week. Everything is in the green. Caster is at 7.3*, Toe is at .10*. Three people at the goodyear in Va I took it to trying to help me. Front tires have been balanced about 6 times in the past 2 months by 4 different shops. Tires are not out of round. Front pressure is 30psi cold. The front end has been checked out by 3 different shops and after I replaced the TRE at the pitman arm, both u-joints in front axle, and ball joints on teh left side. Everything is tight.

Only thing I can think of is some internal problem in the tires, maybe teh OME HD SS (only about 22k miles on it) has gone bad, or the shocks are too soft (but would it still wobble on a smooth road?).

Latest alignment specs:
tal1.jpg

tal2.jpg

Any idea?

-Chris

Back