• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

give me a brake

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i bought a dana44 out of a mj, and it has the spring perches and shock mounts in the same place (soa)
but the brakes are shot, nothing usuable
so where can i buy a COMPLETE with everything (cables, drums, everything etc. etc.) brake system
i was thinking about disks but they are a bit $$
thanks.

An MJ spring pads are Not in the same location (widthwise) as an XJ. And if you are going to get new brakes, buy a set of ZJ disks from a yard for $200 - it will cost you at least that much for the drum setup.

Any auto parts store should have everything,I got all(drums,shoes, and hardware kits) my parts from Checker.

rsalemi said:
An MJ spring pads are Not in the same location (widthwise) as an XJ. And if you are going to get new brakes, buy a set of ZJ disks from a yard for $200 - it will cost you at least that much for the drum setup.
thats why i welded them in the right place

I doubt you can buy a "complete with everything" brake package, but what you can do is get a bunch of small parts rebuild packages that will let you refresh the brake system. I've got a Carquest box on my desk right now that held the right-side e-brake adjusters, but NAPA is a great source for the parts in question. Checker Auto had the YJ e-brake cables I used after the lift.

Of course, if it's that hosed, maybe a disk conversion would be in order: http://jeepin.com/features/cvdiscs/index.asp

Back