• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spacers on Spacers?

wildman

NAXJA Forum User
Question. My neighbor slapped a set of 2 inch polyurethane spacers on the front and 2 inch blocks on the rear a few months ago. Having caught lifticitis, he wants to know if he can add another 2 inch coil spacer on the front and put 4 inch blocks on the rear to double his lift. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but he wants more than my opinion.......lol

why doesnt he just buy a full 3 inch suspension lift and then add his bb on top of that it would be much safer and work much better that just my opinion

hitaxeonthehead.gif

Even if he did do it, it would probably ride like crap. Hed be sitting at 4" and need to move or get new brake lines, new controla arms, and hed have axle wrap like theres no tomarrow.

Tell him to do it, and then take pictures.

I doubt it would be very stable having 2 polyurathane blocks on top of each other in the front. And having 4" blocks in the rear will fawk up his leafs pretty damn bad.

ok there seems to be some spobi in this thread.
is it ghetto? yes
is it cheap? yes
will it "work"? yes

adding another spacer isnt going to make it any more "unstable" than having one spacer in there. the spacers are held in there by the bump stop arms. the only way the spacers are going to come off are if you can get enough droop on one side to let them slide off there and fall out. unless you have longarms and really long shocks, this isnt going to happen. the only other possible problem i see from this is over compressing your coils.

as for the 4" blocks in the back...terrible idea if hes really going to wheel it. they will cause axlewrap which takes out pinions and bends leaf springs and the blocks themselves can come out.

if hes really low on cash, stacking spacers will "work" but i would NOT recommend the 4" blocks.

I think his main concern was the front spacers. He already knew the 4" blocks in the rear were a bad idea....I'll let him know what u guys said and maybe let ya'll know what he'll end up doing with it

Back