• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7/8"-18 bolt

ZPD

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing a custom steering set up and I am mid way through and need a 7/8" -18 bolt. Anyone know where I can get one?

sorry about the highjack, but how much would a non-graded 7/8" bolt be weaker compared to say a grade 8 1/2"? there is much more metal in the 7/8" bolt, enough to make it close?

Thayer said:
The Lowes near me has grade 8 bolts up to 1"+.
Not in an -18 pitch,good luck with that one!

www.mcmastercarr.com

I bought my 7/8x18's there

used them as plugs to keep the threads safe when i put the bend in my draglink...

I checked earlier on McMaster Carr, MSC, nutty, and a few other websites. It is a pretty rare thread and couldn't find it anywhere. Then I remembered that I had an old Dana 44 laying around and the thread on the tie rod was 7/8" x 18 so I cut it off and I am good to go.

buzzbombxj said:
sorry about the highjack, but how much would a non-graded 7/8" bolt be weaker compared to say a grade 8 1/2"? there is much more metal in the 7/8" bolt, enough to make it close?
How much weaker is non-graded compared to graded anything? There's no telling because...it's non-graded. I wouldn't even consider using non-graded especially for a steering setup.

then again, aren't you the guy who thinks it's cool to drive around on shrooms? hasta

Yucca-Man said:
How much weaker is non-graded compared to graded anything? There's no telling because...it's non-graded. I wouldn't even consider using non-graded especially for a steering setup.

then again, aren't you the guy who thinks it's cool to drive around on shrooms? hasta

i wonderd when that thread was going to come around to bite me in the ass. i wouldnt say its cool, but i bet it would be fun

Back