• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 install

thompson97

NAXJA Forum User
just got my new 8.8 under the jeep today. the passenger side em. brake cable is to short, and the male end of the hard brake lines wont screw into the rubber brake line that is currently on there. does anyone have parts numbers or a link to get the right ones? much appreciated.

i wish i had some part #'s for you but i can't find any receipts. i tore off everything, and ran a new hardline from between the backing plate and spring mount on one side to the same spot on the other. that way i could reuse the rubber lines. for the new hardline i just took the old one to the part store and bought a slightly longer one.

matthew

..I also tore everything off my 8.8 and went out and purchased all new parts. Although my 8.8 was fairly new (1997),I was advised that replaceing these few pieces and parts was better in the long run. Make doubly sure that the screw threads are correct on your hard line. Here is the list with the 8.8 axle brake part numbers and some of the vendors here in the midwest :
Brake pads (P/N 6674, AutoZone)
Calipers (P/N's C576 &C577, AutoZone)
Guide pins (2 - H15068, AutoZone)
Banjo bolts (Ford P/N 385116-S2)
Hoses (2 - NAPA P/N 380376 & 380528 ) E-brake cables (Mopar P/N's 52008904 & 05)
"T" Hose (P/N 380889, NAPA)
2 - Hard Brake Lines(NAPA P/N 813-1208 & 813-1204)
Yoke Adapter (Spicer P/N 2-2-1379, NAPA)
Yoke bolts (Ford P/N N800594-S100)
8.8 flange bolts and spring perches info=
They are metric.Good luck
BILLXJ

thanks guys. i found an emergency brake line for the pass. side. now all i need to do is locate a rubber line that will be compatible with the 8.8's junction block(?) and the hard line at the frame rail. basically, i just need to know compatibilty to the jeep's frame rail hard line. will a tj/yj line work there too?

i hope that makes some sense

Back