• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Motor Mount Bolts

jeepbme

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know the size, thickness,threads, length one these babies.
Sheared off 3 and need to find new ones.
Thanks in advance.
Grant
97xj 4.0

Passenger side? My mom's 95 did that to her. Had to pull the motor to drill out the remains. :) The motor mount bolts according to this wonderful factory service manual are 45 ft lbs of torque, which translates to a 3/8-24 by the torque chart. Amazingly I don't see any bolt size information in the manual. :( Go with a grade 8, and put some blue locktite on it. There was a TSB on the bolts backing out and then sheering.

yep passenger....was pretty tuff getting them out, left hand drill bits and easy outs with a little patience and alot of time will "geter done".

I just need to know what size to replace them with, without going through the trouble of pulling the drivers too.

YOu shouldnt have had to pull the motor...i just dropped the motor mt as well as the trans mts to get it to lower and twist. Just loosen the drivers site and u should be ok.

This was 3 years ago. Had it out and in pretty quick, that was my first time working on a Jeep. I'll keep in mind dropping the motor if my newly aquired XJ breaks them.

Back