• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best or worst or favorite list

yardape

NAXJA Member #272
We do this then and again and since I've never taken a stab at it here goes. Besides the BFH, what is your favorite HAND tool or most used hand tool. It could be type or brand, and why.

For me it is a set of standard SK box wrenches that I nabbed 3 years ago off of ebay for a song. They are SO chrome smooth and feel SO good in your hand because they are designed to fit. The box ends are offset from the handles so they fit into places they shouldn't and you don't end up with bloody knuckles using them. I'd be so happy finding their metric counterparts at the same price.

Anyone else?

yardape said:
We do this then and again and since I've never taken a stab at it here goes. Besides the BFH, what is your favorite HAND tool or most used hand tool. It could be type or brand, and why.

For me it is a set of standard SK box wrenches that I nabbed 3 years ago off of ebay for a song. They are SO chrome smooth and feel SO good in your hand because they are designed to fit. The box ends are offset from the handles so they fit into places they shouldn't and you don't end up with bloody knuckles using them. I'd be so happy finding their metric counterparts at the same price.

Anyone else?
A 5 HP air compressor and 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" impact wrenches and air ratchets.

Last edited:
Presumably your Dildo is powered by your Diehard? Are you one with it? :laugh3:

The tool that has come in the most handy would be my ball joint seperater;tre sep, pickle fork whatever you want to call it. My fav tool would any of my air tools

I can not believe that you are going to make me choose just one, I can't, so I won't, and you can't make me!!! :twak:

O.K., it would be my crimper, sniper, plier thingy. Heavy duty, and it cuts the ends off of zip ties really well. Or, it would have to be my screw driver that comes apart and has different size sockets where the flat head/phillip head drivers come out, or it would be my BFH, or, hell I don't know why I am even trying to pick one, it just isn't fair.

I´ve got a really nice set of fiberglass shank, rubber grip, ball pean hammers. Normal, moderate and borderline BFH. They are about twenty years old and still nearly as good as new. I've looked and there is no manufacturers stamp anywhere. I do a lot of metal (and smithy) work and they have seen some hard use.

After installing my brother's lift I'd have to say that my favorite tool was my 3 ft John Deere breaker bar and a 2ft pipe that my dad has had for like 25 years. Without them we would have been at a standstill. Those leaf spring bolts were TIIIIIIGHT!

My brain................no wait that it what causes me to HAVE to use my tools when it quits functioning. Gearhead wrenches and my COMPLETE set of torx bits.

chris

For general use, probably the good ol' vise grips, or perhaps one of the many VW toolkit screwdrivers I have scrounged over the years (double ended insert, very well made).

In the department of seemingly overpriced tools that pay for themselves the first time you use them, the ones that make you say "How on earth did I live so long without one of these," really good flarenut wrenches would be at the top of the list.

And of course, a Swiss Army knife. I like the Deluxe tinker with the little pliers.

GERBER pliers....enough said.

The all time best breaker bar would have to be a hi-lift handle(fits over my half inch ratchet perfectly)and it makes a pretty good noggin knocker if anyone tries to get lippy!!!

Mapp gas torch. :D :flame:
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

Back