• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-HO AW4 (auto) ECU anyone have one?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to buy a ECU from a guy in PA but thought I would post here first.

Anyone have a Working ECU from a 90 or earlier XJ with auto tranny? If you do and want to sell it let me know. I am going to be sending this guy the $ tomorrow if I dont find one local for comparable $.

Thanks
Robert
[email protected]

GSequoia said:
FYI: I've checked on an '87, '88, '89, and '90 XJ and they all had the same part number for the ECU (meaning the actual unit in the vehicle).

Yes.

Mike R

MJR said:
Yes.

Mike R

Actually curious, is there really any difference in the manual verses automatics that you are aware of? From what I understand the auto transmission's TPS is the exact same as a manual's TPS with the exception of a second set of leads on it. The ECU side reads the same way as the manual's TPS, correct?

Just kinda curious here - no real reason I need to know...stuck at work!

GSequoia said:
Actually curious, is there really any difference in the manual verses automatics that you are aware of?

Don't know about hte older ones, but in the 97+ when you pull the aw4 computer the ecu (or rather now called PCM) throws a check engine light as it expects the tcm input.

GSequoia said:
Actually curious, is there really any difference in the manual verses automatics that you are aware of? From what I understand the auto transmission's TPS is the exact same as a manual's TPS with the exception of a second set of leads on it. The ECU side reads the same way as the manual's TPS, correct?

Just kinda curious here - no real reason I need to know...stuck at work!

There may be a programming difference but should be interchangeable since the 87-90 really have a standalone trans system.

Actually although the TPS works the same way it is different. I think the manual ones the connector plugs directly into the body of the TPS.

Mike R

Back