• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235x75x15 on 15x8 on stock suspension

ny_busboy

NAXJA Forum User
can i fit a 235x75x15 goodyear mt/r on a 15x8 4.75 or 5 backspacing on a stock suspension (2001 cherokee sport)

thanks!... is there anybody here that have tried putting a 235x75x15 on a 15x7 with 4.5 backspacing on a 2001 xj stock suspension?

i believe older xj has the ability to accomodate bigger tires so I am ssuming it can also accomodate wider tires also.

It will be appreciated if somebody has tried 235x75x15 on 15x7 with 4.5 backspacing on a 99/00/01 xj sport.

Thats what I run on mine. I dont have any rub or anything and they look pretty good to boot. But you will get a bit of fender rub if you are towing anything or hauling a really heavy load.

ny_busboy said:
i believe older xj has the ability to accomodate bigger tires so I am ssuming it can also accomodate wider tires also.

It will be appreciated if somebody has tried 235x75x15 on 15x7 with 4.5 backspacing on a 99/00/01 xj sport.
Like I said I have and it's scarry in heavy rain or wet heavy snow.
Cold hard snow, mud, and off road are great, but the tires are so wide it will start to skid in hard rain at about 45mph, thick wet snow your can sure go but you can't turn or stop very good.
If it's a daily driver or family car, it's safer on the highway with good stock tires.
Most tire shops will give you a hard time and many will not mount them.

Vertisce said:
Thats what I run on mine. I dont have any rub or anything and they look pretty good to boot. But you will get a bit of fender rub if you are towing anything or hauling a really heavy load.

what year is your xj? no rubbing?

langer1 said:
Like I said I have and it's scarry in heavy rain or wet heavy snow.
Cold hard snow, mud, and off road are great, but the tires are so wide it will start to skid in hard rain at about 45mph, thick wet snow your can sure go but you can't turn or stop very good.
If it's a daily driver or family car, it's safer on the highway with good stock tires.
Most tire shops will give you a hard time and many will not mount them.

which one? the tires on 15x7 or 15x8?

You should be fine with any stock rim and 235's. As far as mud tires on rain and ice, Amen, it can be scarry. They work great in deeper snow but AT's are the way to go for snow/ice.

ny_busboy said:
which one? the tires on 15x7 or 15x8?
I have a 87 and a 96 no rubbing just scarry in the rain.
All I can tell you is I can't keep up with traffic in the 96 with the wide tires.
I just thought bigger was better but there are limits, jeep must put the largest ones that safe on the highway.
The 96 don’t see trails so I will be going back to stock on that.
If you just drive city streets you will be fine.
I got to drive about 30 miles to work on I 76 and the fastest I can drive is 40 when every ones doing 55-65

Last edited:
ny_busboy said:
what year is your xj? no rubbing?
I have a 2001. Like I said the only time it ever rubs is when I am towing a heavy load or have the back really loaded up...and thats just rubbing on the back. There is some backspacing on my rims to make the tread line up with the fenders but I am not exactly positive on the backspacing.

ny_busboy said:
can i fit a 235x75x15 goodyear mt/r on a 15x8 4.75 or 5 backspacing on a stock suspension (2001 cherokee sport)
Wow. How many friggin' times are you going to ask this question??

hasta hasta hasta

Back