• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Disconnect Dana 30 Diff

yardape

NAXJA Member #272
Does anyone know what year they stopped making this diff? I transplanted it into my '94 and now that I want to replace the rotors I need to know what year it is. The brake parts change around the '89-'90 timeframe. My guess is that I'll be safe buying 89 parts but I'm not sure enough to order. TIA

yardape said:
Does anyone know what year they stopped making this diff? I transplanted it into my '94 and now that I want to replace the rotors I need to know what year it is. The brake parts change around the '89-'90 timeframe. My guess is that I'll be safe buying 89 parts but I'm not sure enough to order. TIA

The change over was in 91 with the deletion of the renix system, lets let EAGLE chime in here

My 90XJ and 94YJ has the vac disconnect. My 92XJ doesn't. I don't think there is much if any difference between the rotors. I have some rotors stored away I can check this evening if you don't get an answer soon.

chris

XJ Buzzard said:
My 90XJ and 94YJ has the vac disconnect. My 92XJ doesn't. I don't think there is much if any difference between the rotors. I have some rotors stored away I can check this evening if you don't get an answer soon.

chris

there is a different backser o the unit hubs between your YJ and XJ and the rotors and calopers have small differences. priior to 90 you should be fine in buying the parts

I thought so, just wasn't sure. Good thing I mark everything I have. One more note to add the the never ending list of parts that I end up with!

Thanks
chris

xjnation said:
there is a different backser o the unit hubs between your YJ and XJ and the rotors and calopers have small differences. priior to 90 you should be fine in buying the parts

So what I'm hearing is that brake parts prior to 90 will work on my XJ?

yes, prior to 90. Or you can swap the older hubs back to your newer hubs and it'll work with your newer rotors & brake hardware. I just swapped my 89 hubs for 93 hubs I had and swapped the rotors also. They work fine. The newer rotors have skinnier sides that allow the wider newer hubs to fit in.

Back