• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIAmeter of fronT sway bAR?

witstick

NAXJA Forum User
Hi its me again, i need to replace the front sway bar bushings because they are really worn and causing a clunk. Problem is Autozone has 4 different sizes, does anyone know what the diamater front sway bar is on A 98 cherokee classic??? and is this a job i can do myself, i am just replacing the ones in the brackets....Thanks, this forum is great!

Don't go by what someone else says they have, or heard that a friend has. Go out and measure yours. If you don't have a caliper, take a set of open end wrenches out and use them as a go-no go gauge. Find the smallest wrench that fits over the bar, that's the diameter.

Yes, you can change them yourself. Four bolts -- two for each side.

Measure it yourself. I know the bolts that hold the bushings in are tough to get at the nut side because it is in the frame of the unabody, but try to spray them with penatrating oil it will make the job much easy. I'm sure you will be able to do the repair yourself. Good Luck

Adam

Back