• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec "Factory" replacement flares

wildman

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a set of (4) so-called "factory" replacement fender flares for my 89' XJ from Quadratec. I removed the old flares and starting fitting up the new ones. Well, I ran into two problems here.

Problem #1:
The aluminum bolt brackets that fit into the flare and bolt to the fender would not fit into the new flares, so I figured what the hell, I'll grind em down and make em fit.....but first, lemme see if the flare fits

Problem #2:
Good think I checked to see if the new ones fit cuz they didn't. They were about an inch to narrow to cover the whole fender. About a half inch shorter heightwise than the originals, and they didn't go all the way to the clips under the bumper in the front. They were actually about 2 inches short of it.

I guess that leaves me to sanding down the originals real good and repainting.

Also, they want me to pay a restocking fee and return shipping, but I don't see how its my fault that they don't fit, I gave them the proper information when I ordered.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with replacement flares?

wildman said:
I recently purchased a set of (4) so-called "factory" replacement fender flares for my 89' XJ from Quadratec. I removed the old flares and starting fitting up the new ones. Well, I ran into two problems here.

Problem #1:
The aluminum bolt brackets that fit into the flare and bolt to the fender would not fit into the new flares, so I figured what the hell, I'll grind em down and make em fit.....but first, lemme see if the flare fits

Problem #2:
Good think I checked to see if the new ones fit cuz they didn't. They were about an inch to narrow to cover the whole fender. About a half inch shorter heightwise than the originals, and they didn't go all the way to the clips under the bumper in the front. They were actually about 2 inches short of it.

I guess that leaves me to sanding down the originals real good and repainting.

Also, they want me to pay a restocking fee and return shipping, but I don't see how its my fault that they don't fit, I gave them the proper information when I ordered.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with replacement flares?
It sounds like you got a set of the 97+ stock replacements. If they are a lil' narrower of an opening (like you said) and don't come down to the bottom of the front clip (which they don't), then it definately sounds like the newer flares. Check the product numbers and make sure they sent the right ones.

i dont believe there are any demensional changes actually, they should still line up. does quadratec sell 97+ flares..? i only see the ones for the early model

helix said:
i dont believe there are any demensional changes actually, they should still line up. does quadratec sell 97+ flares..? i only see the ones for the early model
Ya, I think there were dimensional changes... slight, though. I may be wrong.

I checked the site after I posted and I don't see a 97+ either. :dunno:

wildman said:

Don't let them badger you into paying anything!!

As long as you paid by credit card you are covered as you can do a chargeback and get a refund for the entire purchase...including the shipping.

If they try and charge you restocking on your credit card...do a charge back on that as well as you will not have authorized it in the first place....

...cheerio

That's about what I had in mind. Hopefully I'll get my money back, and if they won't take the flares back, I'll slap those SOB's on eBay or on here and auction em off.

Back