• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a steering shaft?

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a steering shaft for a 1994 they want to sell that I can grab in the morning?

Hey er,

I have an 87 parts rig that you can take the part from if it works. I don't know if it will work or not.

I am in Lake Forest and I will be home almost all day tomorrow.

bajacalal said:
No, but there was a 94 at Ecology in Oceanside when I went there the other day. I know its not in youre area but if nobody helps you out...

If we have to work a railroad, I'll be up on La Puente most of the afternoon and can grab it in San Clemente in the morning.

Lemme know via pm or phone.

gc

bajacalal said:
No, but there was a 94 at Ecology in Oceanside when I went there the other day. I know its not in youre area but if nobody helps you out...

Thant sounds cool but a tad far. Thanks though.

GSequoia said:
That where (at least some of) yoru play is from?

Yep. The play is from there. The u-joint closer to the firewall has a bunch of play.

rpraterxj said:
Hey er,

I have an 87 parts rig that you can take the part from if it works. I don't know if it will work or not.

I am in Lake Forest and I will be home almost all day tomorrow.

That might work. I just got a call from a buddy that there is a couple of XJs out in Irwindale PAP so I am going to run over there really quick this morning. I will post up whether it is successful or not. If not, I might run down your direction later today. I will PM you. Thanks

gcurtis said:
If we have to work a railroad, I'll be up on La Puente most of the afternoon and can grab it in San Clemente in the morning.

Lemme know via pm or phone.

gc

Thanks Grant.

Remi just sent me this if I want to upgrade. Has anyone used it?

[font=Arial, Helvetica]JEEP '84-'00 CHEROKEE/WAGONEER (XJ) (PART # 893)
Code: 893
Price: $267.75
Quantity in Basket: none
[/font]

Ive installed one of those on an XJ before, quite nice.

Renegade Jpr said:
Ive installed one of those on an XJ before, quite nice.

I know but it has a nice and high price too.

We'll I picked up a shaft today from a 1988. I am hoping it should work. It looks like the design is a little better to prevent the the play my 1994 stock one had. There was a 1992 in the yard with the exact same play / problem. I guess it is common.

Thanks everyone and if this one doesn't work out I will re-post.

The play comes from the collapsible shaft and mine had some too. I just welded it. I guess if the shaft doesn't collapse the steering column will go throught the floor right? I wonder what this big "S" om my chest means?

ryurabbit said:
The play comes from the collapsible shaft and mine had some too. I just welded it. I guess if the shaft doesn't collapse the steering column will go throught the floor right? I wonder what this big "S" om my chest means?

Actually I had no play in the collapsible shaft. The U-Joint end at the firewall was my problem.

Back