• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much for a 03 Grand Cherokee 2WD Trans?

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2003 2WD Grand Cherokee that is totaled and im going to sell the transmission and everything else that is on it.
I was wondering of someone could tell me what i can expect to get for the transmission itself. The vehicle and drivetrain only have 32,000 miles so it's not even due for a flush yet. Let me know what you think.

$750....That sounds right to me. I have a potential buyer for it so i asked him what they usually go for. He said that he picked one up for his (I think it’s a 1989 Cherokee) for $400 at the junk yard from a guy that only disassembles Jeeps. I think that he is hinting that he wants me to sell my Grand Cherokee Trans for $400 so I told him that i would call him back. I know its between 700-1000 to rebuild a trans but one with only 32K miles on it that has not ever been rebuilt is worth more (i think) than a "new" rebuilt one. Would it be fair to tell him that i would sell it for $550 or is that like giving it away?

fdsa487 said:
$750....That sounds right to me. I have a potential buyer for it so i asked him what they usually go for. He said that he picked one up for his (I think it’s a 1989 Cherokee) for $400 at the junk yard from a guy that only disassembles Jeeps. I think that he is hinting that he wants me to sell my Grand Cherokee Trans for $400 so I told him that i would call him back. I know its between 700-1000 to rebuild a trans but one with only 32K miles on it that has not ever been rebuilt is worth more (i think) than a "new" rebuilt one. Would it be fair to tell him that i would sell it for $550 or is that like giving it away?

hit him at $600.00....it won't fit anything but a G.C. anyhow...:D

2000-04.

Back