• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn works when it feels like it

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
When I press my horn, its kinda intermittent. Itll go, then you can hear clicking (I assume a relay) and its clickling like mad. Like a bad connection. But I fell like its in the horn button itself. Is it a common problem?

You have two one on each side of your front bumper in the back of it. Mine do not work after I go mudding it stuffs them up. But the clicking is common...

summitlt said:
when i clicks they make no noise

Got the same problem on my 90. I've got clean connections at the horn but it'll do like a real fast click click and then finally the horn will honk. When I replaced my turn signal switch it got better for a while but then worse again.

i have the same thing, did you fix it??
CollinM said:
Got the same problem on my 90. I've got clean connections at the horn but it'll do like a real fast click click and then finally the horn will honk. When I replaced my turn signal switch it got better for a while but then worse again.

My horn has also pretty much bit it lately. It's gone from a good solid horn sound, to the wimpiest, most anemic (sp?) horn ever - it's a freakin embarrasment. Guess I hit the service manual and start looking for rusty connections.
-Tom

Back