• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunkage..LCA Bushings?

aroncull

NAXJA Forum User
OK a few questions wrapped into this one..

Ive read some threads [searched] and went to my local shop and the xj guy there [has his own chopped, caged XJ he did himself] says that its my lower control arm bushings that are shot..
you can hear it mostly in reverse at a hard break or coming backward off of a curb... also forward only when going up said curb..
He had me reverse in front of him and hard brake as he watched the axle move so i think that i need to swap out the LCA bushings...

1. OK well i was considering the POLY bushings and was wondering if they are worth it.. they are expensive though.
4.5 inch lift 33's 1997 D30 rustys lowers yadda yadda...

2. is the ride better or worse or???? Longevity all that..

3. my local shops have given me prices ranging from 125$ up to @250 for the bushing swap that is alot of difference, are these fair prices?

4. can i do the install myself? one at a time while on the ground.. how hard it?
[i did search]

thanks

aaron

They are the static version, i now know rusties isnt the best.
Im saving for TNT long arms but need to get an alignment so was thinking about the bushings too. But it looks like i will spend around $400 for labor and bushings after tax and all so i would be almost half way to the new long arm kit...NOT WORTH IT..... :rattle:

sucks
thanks!

aaron

Back