• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay find, this isnt a trac-loc is it?

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
I thought the only LSD for the 8.25 was the trac-loc and the Auburn. Then what is this?
i-1.JPG

the seller says, "This is a used Mopar/Chrysler/Dodge 8 1/4 posi (sure grip) carrier. It accepts 27 spline axles (see my other auctions). It was originally in an 83 Dodge Diplomat State Police unmarked car (not a "cruiser", but a detective's car)...I believe this is a cone style diff, not a clutch pack type,"

could someone please enlighten me?

SG LSD's are the originals...been in the 8.25" since '73 or so. A new SG unit should cost about $175 or so. Wonder why I don't mind the 27-spline? It stayed the same for years...and the spare rear that my brother picked up for his 77 LeBaron has an original Sure Grip in it. That car is sitting dormant so I'm thinking about 'stealing' the SG out of it when I regear my 8.25". :D FWIW though, he got that rear (after his 7.25" blew up...quite common) for $100 with the SG in it from the local yard.

IIRC they're not rebuildable but there are some tricks out there for replacing springs in them. They also use a special additive...unsure whether it's the same as regular LSD additive, but it's PN# P4529484.

What's that one going for?

fitty

Hey Lucas
I have an Auburn LSD and both 27 spline axles I am looking to get rid of. The Auburn is only 2 years old and works great. Shoot me an email if your interested.

Jeff
[email protected]

Gary E said:
Limited slips are for girls :D , well let me clarify that, limited slips are for girls that don't wheel :D
He obviously doesn't deal with much SNOW in a year...;)
Lockers are NOT fun in slick conditions. if you have a daily driver and have to drive in the snow often, an LSD (or 2!) is the way to go.

KY Chris said:
Looks like my Auburn which I think is a turd, by the way.
What don't you like about the Auburn? Mine's awesome; MUCH better than a Trackloc.

Back