• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater fan not working

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
One day the fan on my 1990 commanche just stop working. So, I change all the fuses, didn't help. Then I hotwired the fan to check to see if the fan is bad, fan works fine. NOw I am stumped, what could possibly be wrong. One day it was working fine, next day, it didn't work at all. The lights on my dash aren't working either, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any ideas?

i had the same problem on my cherokee i was told there are some wires that are run inbeihind the grill and they get cought and rub and brake so that is one thing to look into or in my case after doing that i looked at the switch its self and the main clip that was inbeind there had vibrated off the thing that was spose to hold it in place broke off so i just jused some duct tape to hold it in place

hope this helps u
DrEw

Check to see if the fan works on high speed only. If it does, the problem is in the resistors (found in the heater duct near the passenger's feet- follow the wires to a little dome-like plastic cover). If it doesn't work at all, you need to trace some wiring. The switch in the heater controls can go bad, and occasionally melt down. Check for bad grounds too, just on the off chance that the fan and dash lights share a ground.

TIME OUT! Exactly what fan does not work? Electric cooling fan or heater/ac blower fan? Your getting tips on both because you didn't say what fan.

JoBo

Back