• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running cooper discoverer St tires

I have a set of Cooper Discoverer H/T on my 2000 XJ, I love them.. have 50,000 miles on them and still going strong.. I dont do serious off roading but tow a boat and use it in the woods for hunting, camping, etc.. Havent had any major faults w/ them.. as they age though getting a bit slicker in the rain..

overall would buy them in a second...in fact when these go. will use same brand.

I got 2 years of mileage on my ST's, dont know exact mileage right of hand. I run the 30x9.5 . They are getting a little worn but still plenty able to do snow and ice, although as with most at tires they dont hold like a street tire on slick pavement. My boy likes to do cookies with me in a gravel pit up in the mountains, we dont have as much fun up there anymore because these tires are really hard to break loose even in gravel. I go wherever I want in the snow and ice, uphill and downhill without problems. No sharp rock flats, a few screws pulled out though. BFG's dont compare in MY opinion, one of those things you'll have to decide.

I have had them for 18 months in the 235*75 light truck version and love them. I run 40lbs on normal road and find they are fine in the wet. Let them down to 20lbs on metal roads / off road and traction is great. Traction off road at 40lbs is awful if you happen to forget! They aren't very noisy (at 40lb) and handle really well. A bit more agressive than most A/Ts on the market.

Back