• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flasher problem

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Just had to use my hazzard flashers and they flashed once and didn't come back on, and for awhile the right indicator has been coming on but not flashing and the left one has been flashing once or twice then flashing so fast no lights light up WTF?!!?

This is on a 90 XJ

Zoro said:
Just had to use my hazzard flashers and they flashed once and didn't come back on, and for awhile the right indicator has been coming on but not flashing and the left one has been flashing once or twice then flashing so fast no lights light up WTF?!!?

This is on a 90 XJ

Sounds like two bad flasher fuses

Do the turn signals work normally?

The hazzard warning flasher and the turn signal flashers are two different units (will both be either #552 - standard thermal, #536 - HD thermal, or will accept a Tridon EL12 electronic unit.) If the turn signals are still working normally, I'd start with changing out the flasher unit.

If you get a regular flasher (thermal "silver can" style,) I think you'll only get hit for $3-4 each. For the electronics, expect to pay about 10. Advantage to the electronics? They last longer, and don't really care how many lights are plugged in - as long as it's not too many (thermal flashers will change flash speed when you plug in a trailer, for instance.)

5-90

Also, when the light comes on and stays on, mine did that when I had bad grounds at both lights out front.

try that, thats a free fix.

Back