• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elections

CHW

NAXJA Forum User
On November 1st nominations will begin for NAC chapter officers, start thinking about who you would like to see run this chapter. I would like to see at least a couple of nominations for each office (President, VP, and Secretary/Treasurer) just to keep things interesting. The election will be held November 15th and the new NAC BOD will take over on the first of the year.

I am sorry to say that I will not be running for re-election. It has been a pleasure to help get this chapter off the ground and serve as president, but there are too many other things going on now for me to devote the time I should to running this chapter.

“Don’t forget to vote early and often”

I'd like to back up what Chris said, and, regretfully, will also not be seeking re-election to an office as well. My direct contribution to the NAXJA will be a focus on NACFest '03 and as Safety Director for FallFest '03.

It is time to broaden our participation in the Chapter, so everyone think hard about the many members that we have who are certainly capable of representing NAC well as we approach the 20th anniversary year of the XJ.

Mike in NJ

Thank You

I'd like to Thank Chris and Mike publically for all they have done for this Chapter. They are a couple stand up gents who devoted alot of time and energy to this Chapter for the benefit of others.

Thank You!!

I'd like to second what John B said, and nominate Lawn Cher' for President. It's time he got off KP :)

I thrid what John said!! I haven't been around much lately but realize all that Chris and Mike have done for NAC.. I too agree that Mark would make a good Pres.. How about Eagle for VP????

Thanks, but...

I appreciate the sentiment in nominating me for NAC Pres., but I have to humbly decline. I would hate to accept and then not be able to devote the time required to run this organization. I am in the midst of starting a business, and there is also the possibility of Jen & I traveling to Australia for 6 months next year. I could feasibly do it in a few years, but I just don't have the time right now.

I would like to express my gratitude to Chris & Mike for doing an excellent job!

I would also like to nominate Eagle for President, Andy in PA for VP and Skorpyo for Sec/Treas.

I think Skorpyo would do a good job as sec-treas but, just to keep it interesting (and subject to his willingness to run, which I have not confirmed) I'd also like to nominate John B. Without his initiative a couple of years ago there wouldn't BE a NAC.

Sounds like a good ticket Mark, but we would have to get Skorpyo's blessing now that the SEC has stolen VA from us. That's the trouble with these young upstarts; they have no respect for their elders.

All good ideas so far, make sure you post your nominations between November 1-8 so they will be official.

Eagle & CHW,
Thank you very much for the nomination, and I will gladly accept the nomination for Sec-Treas. I am also considering running for national BOD, so I would be pleased to assist with the NAC chapter on a level where it would not cause a conflict of interest with dual voting rights on the national and chapter level.

In regard to your comments CHW, the "younger" crowd has learned ya have to keep your options open and by labelling myself a member of NAC and SEC I can pretty much jump to which ever side looks better in the the upcoming NAXJA civil war ;).

Thanks again,
Tim 'Skorpyo' Kilpatrick

Tim,

By remaining on the fence and playing both sides, you have already proven yourself a good politician.

You have my vote!

[quote:c823fdeead="CHW"]Tim,

By remaining on the fence and playing both sides, you have already proven yourself a good politician.

You have my vote![/quote:c823fdeead]

aaaah...nothing quite like a backhanded compliment. I fully plan on being a very active participant in NAC and I owe my involvement to this club entirely to NAC, but I do like to see the club grow so I support the SEC. Thanks again Chris.
Tim

I'd be willing to accept a nomination, some good names have been passed around already and any of which would be more than capable of leading the NAC for the next few years.

I'd be happy to serve as part of the team.

I know i havent been around for long as some in the NAC but in my opinion i would like to see, JHKolb, Andy in PA, John B, and Eagle in no particular order in office. I think that anyone of them can lead NAC in the future. And im sorry to hear that Chris, Mike and Mark will not be running.

PeterBuilt

I expected to see more input on this thread today, being the 1st.

Guess it'll have to carry over...

John Kolb...interested?

Andy?

Matt Black?

Danny?

Mitch?

Ben?

Were loosing a few good men who cant seek re-election for various reasons here, and some good candidates have stated they also cant run. This is the first and largest Chapter within NAXJA and should have more than enough talent within it's ranks to lead the group for the next few years. Dont be timid, if your interested and have the time to help have someone nominate you. If you dont have someone email me and i;ll set something up where you have the opportunity to run for office.

There's a few here who have been mentioned for local office...as of today they have also been nominated for Nat'l. If these gents cant find the time to serve on 2 NAXJA boards we need to look at other options/candidates.

Please do what you can to assist and better this Chapter...

Thanks John - But no thanks. I am/will be VP of East Coast 4x4 Experience in '03. Since we are the host club for Rausch Creek I will be focusing on EC4x4E and it's activities.

I am still interested in helping organize the NACFest '03 though!

It looks like I may have a very busy year next year. I am already president of my classic car club, but I accept the nomination of VP of the NAC group.

I enjoy wheeling with all of you guys, and plan on being out on the trails as often as I can. I really enjoy the camraderie of this club, and wheeling with other XJ's. I am also looking at buying a house next year too though, so this, along with my obligations to my car club, may conflict with some of our scheduled rides. But, if at all possible, I'll be on the trail. :D

I also want to express my heartfelt thanks to Chris and Mike for the great job they have done with the NAC group these last few years. This club would not be where it is today if not for them.

Andy

By the way, I nominate Eagle for Pres. !!! Gotta balance out us hardcore guys/gals with some down-to-earth (literally!!) stock and mild lift XJ's for good measure.

I'll second the Nominations for:

Eagle as President.

Andy in Pa as Vice President.

Skorpyo as Sec/Treas.

Any more nominations? or seconds?

Eagle has to officially accept the nomination...Andy and Skorpyo have done so.

Keep in mind that Eagle and Skorpyo are also nominated for NAT'l BOD positions. I'm sure they can handle both positions.

I'll happily accept the nomination.

Just to keep things interesting, I'd also like to nominate Earle Duperron for VP and John B for Sec/Treas. Earle isn't regularly on-line but he has told me he would like to run, and if elected he will arrange to get on-line (hopefully not at the expense of his marriage).

John?

Forgot -- I'll second Andy and Skorpyo. I suppose it would be poor form to second my own nomination -- if I'm lucky maybe nobody will :)

Back