• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee rear tow hook?

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
i ran across a cherokee used rear tow hook for sale. I was told it was for a 84-95 XJ. I believe it is a mopar accesory. Is there any reason it would not fit a 96 XJ. It mounts with a horizontal L shaped bracket with what looks like 3 bolts. I guess what i am trying to ask is there any difference between rear bumpers/bolts from 95 to 96. Thanks, NICK

I'm not sure why you bring up the rear bumper bolt question as the tow hook bracket mounts to the driver side nut cert plate with two bolts. Hopefully you have that cert nut rail... you should if you have a gas tank skid.

The 3rd bolt/nut combo at the "L" part of the bracket, mounts to the rear cross frame sheet metal section. Place the bracket at the two most rear holes on the driverside nut cert plate.... it should be self explantory from there.

Ivan

Ivan is correct -- the 2-piece bracket mounts to the chassis and the hook bolts to the bracket. None of it connects to the bumper, but you do need the driver's side nut strip.

Back