• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering box seal kit issues

bline

NAXJA Forum User
I just attempted to fix the power steering box leak on my 96 XJ with a seal kit from Murrays. Unfortunately, the seal kit didn't match up with what came out of the pump. Originally, after the pitman arm was removed there was a seal then the snap ring a washer and another seal. The seal kit installation kit showed installing a new single lip seal, a washer, double lip seal, a washer, and then the snap ring. With the single lip seal installed I could barely see the snap ring groove. I put in the snap ring without the washer and then put in the double lip seal and hoped for the best to get to work tomorrow. However, the snap ring didn't hold and I have to find the right kit and reinstall tomorrow. Anyone else had issues with a seal kit? I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow for the correct kit.

Brian

Last edited:
Back