• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shock LOWER mount nut size

siminsez01

NAXJA Forum User
what the title says.

just playin around under the jeep and realized i'm missing one. How do things unscrew themselves and walk away.... my awesome luck :)

yeah, i can take the other one off and bring it into the hardware store, but if someone knows, it could save me the trouble....

thanks.

(yes i did search, all i could find was stuff on the upper mount bolts)

siminsez01 said:
what the title says.

just playin around under the jeep and realized i'm missing one. How do things unscrew themselves and walk away.... my awesome luck :)

yeah, i can take the other one off and bring it into the hardware store, but if someone knows, it could save me the trouble....

thanks.

(yes i did search, all i could find was stuff on the upper mount bolts)

HMmm I might be wrong but for some reason I"m thinking 12mm metric: coarse threads (can't remember the pitch though: 1.25?)

Kejtar said:
HMmm I might be wrong but for some reason I"m thinking 12mm metric: coarse threads (can't remember the pitch though: 1.25?)
Bigger than that. I use a 3/4" wrench to remove/tighten mine. I dunno the size either though...sorry.

Yucca-Man said:
Bigger than that. I use a 3/4" wrench to remove/tighten mine. I dunno the size either though...sorry.
Hmmm I thought it was 18mm on the socket on the outside which might make it still 12mm with about 3 mm on each side for the nut sides.

D'oohhhh....maybe so. If I can remember it when I hit the hardware store tomorrow I'll see if I can find the thread.

Back