• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ccv house where do I get a new one.

livewire

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new hose that goes from top rear of valve cover to intake manifold. I believe it is the ccv hose. I noticed it was broken when I was changing the headders on my dads 91, 4.0l h.o., autotrans, npt242, today. Its broken an inch above where it connects to the valve cover. Thanks for any info

I guess my fingers don't want to type the word hose correctly.

Are you talking about the 1/8" vaccume hose?

If so, try the bone yard first.

I am talking about the 1/4" hose crank case ventalation. It is not broken at the 1/4" part. It is broken at the 90 deg elbow that connects to the top of the valve
cover. The elbow is more like 1/2" and has a rubber reducer to size down to the
straight 1/4" hose. I will try the bone yard tomorrow. Thanks

Any auto parts store.
You know those red packages that have "HELP" written across them?
The guy behind the counter has a catalog,
he can order a set of emission hoses from them,
cost will be around $20.00.

If you can't find a suitable one in a junkyard, you'll have to order on from the dealer. I recently replaced the entire ccv system. very easy, but I had to wait almost a week for the dealer to order the parts. If you're gonna replace the hose it's best to just replace the whole system at once. I'll try to find the part numbers for you. (I used 2000 year parts)

edit: here it is: rear tube from ccv fitting #4854265
$8.45( can't find the rest of the part numbers, but it's a pretty common problem, so the dealer could look up the rest for you.

Hey I just wrote this on another thread, I went to the dealer for the parts and it cost me under $30 for all the parts, (all fitings and hoses). But had to go back because the manifold fitting wasn't on the parts list, but it was only $4 anyway.

"I just did the Madxj CCV upgrade. When I went to the dealer I copied the parts list with the prices on it along with the parts sheets, and the dealer actually matched the prices from the sheet."

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/JAvalveCover/ValveCover.htm

Back