• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar joint question~

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
can the ball joints on the stock trac bar be replaced? mine is super loose (1/4" each direction) and pops terrible when going over bumps and turning in parking lots. I dont think I can just "tighten it down" can it be replaced, if so, how hard is it and where do ya buy the parts? it is the joint on the drivers side, the pass side joint (on the axle) is fine.

thanks,

L.R.

No ...

Replace it - loose trackbar ends are a verrrry bad thing. You're lookig at one of the prime causes of DW right there.

How do you replace the ends? or do I need to try and find a whole new trac-bar?

it is realy annoying I loosened the bolt with some PB Blaster and tried to thread it down tighter and it did go about 1 turn (mabey) tighter but that was it and it is still has probably an 1/8th inch gap each way- its just enough to pop when driving slow.

where to buy a new stock trac bar? or can I replace the joint on that end? I dont know if Eagle was joking or not~ lol

L.R.

only 86 bucks? hell that aint toooo bad I guess. or I could junkyard one for (down here) around 50 bucks. I'll pay the 36.00 more for a new one!

thanks for the help~

L.R.

Back