• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody going to PVD next month?

jonboy

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.panamintvalleydays.com/

I'm planning on leaving OC on Friday, hopefully early afternoon.
WIll run Defense Mine on Saturday and either Pleasant Cyn or go see the charcoal kilns on Sunday.

jonboy said:
http://www.panamintvalleydays.com/

I'm planning on leaving OC on Friday, hopefully early afternoon.
WIll run Defense Mine on Saturday and either Pleasant Cyn or go see the charcoal kilns on Sunday.

I would love to go but don't know if I'll have the kinks out of the relift and new axles by then. That is one of my favorite areas....

You may want to check out Goler if you are locked. With the recent rains and floods, I hear the initial waterfall section that has been easy for years is now lockers required and a good climb.

Hey Jon, what does your XJ look like? I'm down there all of the time and always see a white or blue one with glass fenders....

I'd like to go but I need to get a few problems with my MJ figured out for JV the following week and I'm not sure if I get off work 2 weeks in a row but I'm trying..

gcurtis said:
...Hey Jon, what does your XJ look like? I'm down there all of the time and always see a white or blue one with glass fenders....
Looks pretty much like a grocery getter...white Laredo with assorted scratches & dents, stock flares, 6" lift, 33's on MT Challengers, Tomken rear bumper/tire-carrier..Here it is, taking a retarded line on Gatekeeper a few weeks ago
dvipnr.jpg

jonboy said:
Looks pretty much like a grocery getter...white Laredo with assorted scratches & dents, stock flares, 6" lift, 33's on MT Challengers, Tomken rear bumper/tire-carrier..Here it is, taking a retarded line on Gatekeeper a few weeks ago
dvipnr.jpg

Do trees really grow at a 30 degree angle in Panamint Valley? :laugh3:

saki669 said:
Do trees really grow at a 30 degree angle in Panamint Valley? :laugh3:
Didn't you know?.....it's an effect of all that debil energy:firedevil in the area, one of the reasons that made the place a favorite of Charlie Manson. The trails are like a 4wheeling version of the haunted cabin at Calico Ghost Town :scared:

really tho, the Gatekeeper is the entrance to the Rubicon Trail :roll:
trees are a rare sight in PV, at least until you get up to 6000 ft elev

Back