• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outside Temp Gauge Quit Working

stesul411

NAXJA Forum User
OK heres the story, I got my power antenna working but now my outside temp gauge in the overhead console quit. The compass works just fine but the temp gauge reads 0C all the time. I looked in my Haynes manual and on a on line manual for a 88 and cant find any info on it.
OH yah 90 lerado.

I have had that happen, OC means "open circuit". This means 2 things, one the sensor came unpluged, or the sensor it self is bad. You can get then at the dealer ship. I went to a salvage yard if you dont find one on a jeep look at the dodge carevan with the same overhead console its right behind the grill. 1990 was the first year for the overhead consoles.

ps. what did you do to your antenna to get it working?

OC - no circuit so either it's disconnected, failed, or there's a cut in the wire someplace. The sender is behind your front license plate...or where the plate would be on most XJs.

ps. what did you do to your antenna to get it working?

Found a 89 waggy in junk yard with power antenna and took a chance it would work got the relay too. Took the base apart, cleaned all the contacts and greased the gear that the flexable plastic rod wraps around. Hooked it up and it worked. I just got lucky I guess LOL.

I also tapped a switch into the green wire from the relay so i can stop it about 1/2 way up so I dont rip it off when i go wheelin.

Last edited:
Back