• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accel Truck Super Tune-up Kit

KY-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking to purchase one of these kits, but they don't list anything on their product list that fits any 4.0 between 94-96 and I have a 96. TST17 is listed for 91-93 XJ, 91-92 MJ, 93 ZJ, and 91-93 YJ with screw down distributor cap (which I have) and the TST16 is listed for 97-98 XJ, 94-99 ZJ/WJ with clamp down distributor cap. Anyone have any idea the differences here other the way the distributor cap mounts? Is the ignition that different between the 91-93 and the 94-96 XJs? Renix is 90 and earlier, right?

I have refrenced SUMMIT RACING and ACCEL. Bottom of page 3 and on page 4.

I dunno, personally I tried Accel wires and wasn't really very satisfied they diddn't seem to have good insulation, this was a couple years ago. Besides, a cap is a cap, just so long at its copper/brass terminals. I bought the cheap Summit house brand cap/rotor kit because I had to order something from them anyway, its a good product. I run Mopar Performance wire, champion truck plugs, and the noname cap/rotor but its copper, an accel coil I got years ago when the OEM one corroded, it all seems to work fine and diddn't set me back much. Save the money Accel wants for other stuff. I'm not buying the Mopar wires again, the metal inside part of the plug boots were too loose and 2 diddn't stay attached. I had to use pliers to get them to tighten up and hold the plug. I may go with OEM style Belden wires at NAPA next time.

Last edited:
Back