• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix vacuum line removal ?

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
Working on my '88 MJ and the engine has a lot fewer vacuum lines on it than stock, obviously removed by a previous owner. Are there any good guides on what vacuum lines I HAVE to have, and what can be removed/plugged safely?

I'll buy the OEM replacement vacuum harness if I have to, both the engine side and airbox side, but I'd rather delete a lot of this mess if I can get by without it.

Thanks.

Here's my work in progress, '88 4.0L 4wd shortbox with about 6" of lift on 32" TSL Radials:
DSCN0562.JPG

Nice MJ; mine is a longbed with the same lift and 33's. Be careful with the vacuume system, mine has given me some greif in the 10 months I've had it due mostly to vacuume leaks. Did great in moab last week though.

Thanks, looking forward to being able to wheel a capable jeep truck. Not many on the trails around here.

I've got all the vacuum routed correctly, it was nice to be able to remove the 6-way vacuum block. Does the stock setup use a PCV valve anywhere? I installed a rubber elbow in the front of the valve cover, same one as in that writeup linked above.

The '87 - '90 Renix models do not use a PCV valve. That smaller vacuum hose on the rear of the valve cover has a fixed orifice and the front larger hose is clean air in.

Back